photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chambray and Sequins: Trend Spin Link-Up



This weeks trend on the Trend Spin Link-Up is chambray! Chambray is such an important closet staple, but we have all seen it a million times paired with mint denim and a camel bag. While there is certainly nothing wrong with the baiscs, I took this chambray project as a challenge to change the way I wore my one of my favorite shirts. After all, fashion is about having fun ... the rules are...there are no rules.

 I took this navy sequin dress into daytime by pairing it with the ever versatile chambray button down (layered with my trusty gingham). With navy being a neutral, I added the pop of red in my bag and pointed patent flats. Though this layered look is certainly creative, it remains classic thanks to the Americana colors and preppy pieces. Make sure to go over to Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas to see how other bloggers styled chambray! Thank you for reading, and have a great week.

xo Christina



 {Ooh La- La!}
 Chambray: J.Crew; Gingham: J.Crew (old); Dress: Forever 21; In store (not shown online but similar skirt here); Sunnies: Karen Walker; Shoes: Marc Fisher (old but similar here); Bracelets: J.Crew and David Yurman; Bag: Urban Outfitters; Phone Case: Kate Spade

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you from this as a challenge and thought outside the box. Great job!! I love it!! I can't wait to see what you come up with next week for red white and blue! ; )
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura!! I wish I would have known sooner about next weeks trend, oh well I have more red, white, and blue up my sleeve. And two weeks in a row is super patriotic haha! Love having a weekly project! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessi, thank you for your sweet comment, I accidentally removed it when trying to click reply on my iPad, sometimes touch screens and I do not get along! I am trying to get your comment back up

      Delete
    2. I just wanted to add that I am following you back and I greatly appreciate every comment posted, so thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Talk about everyday sparkle! Awesome look!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm ok this is AMAZING!! I would have never thought to put any of these items together and it is my favorite look so far. Bravo!! Thanks for linking up your chambray outfit to the Trend Spin linkup!

    xoxo
    Erin

    The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, your look is amazing as well... Love that skirt! Looking froward to next week!

      Delete
  5. What a fun outfit! Says the girl with the chambray plus mint combo... ;) Ha! I love pairing sequins with more daytime pieces! And I love that you pushed it even more by adding the pops of red! Awesome!
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carylee! Don't get me wrong I love mint with chambray, I think you look great! I love those sandals, so adorable :)

      Delete
  6. Found you adorable blog via Trend Spin Link up! Love it! You've got yourself a new follower :)
    xo
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline! I appreciate your comment!! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. Girl, I loveee your style! That dress is to die for. And I'm obsessed with your Karen Walkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin!! I love your style too, I just checked out your blog and I am your newest follower! Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  8. Yay for sequins!! You can never go wrong. Way cute!

    Xo
    Kahana

    abeautifullife42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k